Electric Power Stations
Electric Power Stations is the backbone of Kyrgyz power sector. The company is the main producer of energy in the Kyrgyzstan, providing electricity to domestic and foreign consumers.
The priorities of hydropower development are retrofit of existing plants, as well as the commissioning of new generating facilities. Moreover, the company is engaged in the search of new markets for power distribution and the improvement of export potential.
- Electric Power Stations is an energy utility, producing 98% of all power in Kyrgyzstan.
- Electric Power Stations was founded in 2001, as a result of reorganisation of Kyrgyzenergo, with the government owning 93.65% share in charter capital.
- Total number of employees is 4303, including 1384 directors and specialist and 2919 workers.
- The company includes 7 HPPs and 2 TPPs
- Overall installed capacity: 3746 MW
- TPP: 716 MW
- HPP – 3030 MW
- Annual power generation: 12-14bn kWh.
EU allocates funds for HPP construction in Tajikistan
By Abdul Kerimkhanov The European Union (EU) has awarded a 20 million euros grant to support the construction of the Sebzor hydropower plant (HPP) in Tajikistan. The seventh meeting of the Tajikistan-EU Cooperation Committee and the second meeting of the Cooperation Sub-Committee were held in Dushanbe on June 6, the Ministry of Economic Development and…
Renewable Energy Could Be The Next Big Thing For Azerbaijan
Despite ranking in the top 20 among nations with crude oil proved reserves and the top 25 when it comes to natural gas, Azerbaijan is moving ahead with developing renewable sources of energy. On Monday, the German-Azerbaijani Chamber of Commerce based in Baku released its 2019 market analysis, which describes ways the South Caucasus’ largest…
China to provide Uzbekistan with $ 25 million loan for HPPs construction
Uzbekistan plans to build two new small HPPs on the Dargom Canal in the Samarkand region at the expense of China’s soft loans, Trend reports with reference to a government decree on April 8. The aim of the project is to consistently increase the use of renewable energy sources, increase the balance of energy resources…